Saturday 22 January 2011

A Career Case Study on Peter Saville

Below is a copy of my notes and the slides used in the presentation. I tried to show a general overview of Saville's work, while focussing on what inspires him and his influences. One of main reasons for choosing Saville was his theories on design; why create, who for and what is its purpose?
I felt the choice of designer applied really well to the brief as we had to investigate a designer who could influence our career direction. Some of the ideas Saville talked about in various interviews really affected me and made me think about my own designs and my own design education.

Some of the interviews I found very interesting can be seen here;


They are taken from the D&AD President's Lecture - 12 March 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment