Thursday 20 January 2011

UKFSEG - Branding

Along with the logo we had to create a web banner and poster that portrayed this message of education and forensics. Both had to contain specific copy and the logo. I originally created the web banner below using this idea of education as growth and progression. It related back to the idea of a student adding to a collection of books as they progress through a university course.
The web banner was created in Flash and used a 24 frame per second frame rate. It was my first time using flash but I enjoyed using it can see it becoming very useful in the future.
Next was the poster, I wanted have a similar brand through out the two pieces but it was very difficult to create a poster based on the colour schemes and background used in the web banner. I ended up creating the image above the night before the hand in. It came from an idea of DNA as building blocks. I was trying to create a visual expression of a 'forensic profile'.

If I had time I think I would go back and try to work this poster idea into my story board. Possibly having the building blocks/DNA pieces moving and forming a profile and then light from the left creating the shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment