Wednesday 12 October 2011

Sequence Experimentation

I spent most of today in the studio, working on the 4 sequences for Advanced Digital Communication. I brainstormed a few ideas last night and looked into the 'magical realism' genre a bit more.

One idea was to try and portray deep water as a sequence. The further down you go, the darker it gets as light doesn't travel to the deepest parts of the sea. The photo has come out quite dark, I'll try get a better quality version later.
Next I tried to manipulate the text from the short story. I printed out my chosen paragraph and placed it into a dish full of water. I then took a 'burst' shot with the SLR while flicking the water to cause ripples.
I'm very happy with the way this one turned out, I've inverted the image to make the type wight and resemble light a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment