Tuesday 1 February 2011

Graphic Design - iPhone Apps

I've been using 'Notes' on my iPhone a lot recentley to jot down any ideas or thoughts I have about my projects. The process has been very useful as I don't have the best memory and don't always have my sketchbook with me.
It got me thinking about other apps that could be beneficial to my course and future career in Graphic Design. Below are my top 5 apps for designers:

1. Omnifocus

Omnifocus allows you to organise your work and is particularly useful if you have several projects on the go. It reminds you when a deadline is approaching and lets you tick off the work as your finish it.

2. Sketches

Sketches can be used along side 'Notes' if I have an idea but not sure how to express it in words, I can simply just sketch it out with my finger.

3. What the Font

What the font is a brilliant app I found recently that allows you to scan a piece of design such as a poster or web banner and then detects what font has been used.

4. Dexigner

Dexigner delivers the latest design news, events, exhibitions, conferences and design competitions. It lets you keep track of what is happening in the world of design today.

5. Adobe - Tutorials

Adobe have created several apps that consist of tutorial videos on their creative suite. I downloaded the Flash app a few weeks ago when I was creating my web banner. The menu is very useful as it allows you to select specific areas of Flash that may be troubling you and lets you watch those videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment