Wednesday 16 February 2011

Road Typography

I managed to speak to my tutor today about my final design idea and we decided it still needs a bit more work.  The edge of the text box created a line/divide which was not aesthetically pleasing. I also hadn't really created any hierarchy within the type. It was not clear what was to be read next and what was the most important information.
So I went back to the working on the type. I'd explored all the 'safe' options but couldn't find a solution to the design problem. I went back and did a bit more research into image led posters and decided that I needed to create a focal point. 

When someone looks at a portrait, the first thing they see is the eyes. I decided to create a frame around the eyes using the type. So the observer looks at the eyes then moves onto the title.
I liked the idea of the audiences eyes moving down the page, on a journey. I thought creating a road out of type would be fitting to the subject at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment