Tuesday 15 February 2011

Road to Nowhere - 'Special Edition'

I've been working on this idea of a 'special edition' poster. What makes someone want to keep a poster and have it up on their walls. Originally I thought, if the image was strong enough I could simply have a nice stock paper and aim for quality.

I then decided to think of other uses of posters. During the world cup I had a poster that had a timetable on the back. This was obviously useful but frustrating when I had to take it off the wall and turn it round to look at the back.
I believe I have solved this problem in the above image. If the poster was split in half and folded out to reveal the complete image I could place information on the insides of the 'wings'.

So at any one point there would always be a complete poster image. If both 'wings' were opened it would have a complete image with information on either side.
I would have to think about printing on both sides of an A2 sheet as well as the type of paper; string but still foldable.

I think this should tick all of the boxes in the brief; both the image and message and now the special edition have been addressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment