Thursday 3 February 2011

Weathered face

Today we had a studio session with our tutor in which we could talk through our ideas. One of the main aims of this project is to teach us the definition of a concept, a group of ideas based around a similar theme.

I realised that the idea of a chair on a road is a nice idea, but not necessarily a concept! An audience member going on a journey however could be one. I'd need to work on finding different ways of portraying that idea.

Concept 2 - Weathered Face

I put that idea to side for a bit and went back to one of my previous 'concepts', which was the idea of a weathered face symbolising a person who had been on a journey.


I think this would be a much better visual, it could be striking and provoke emotion with the audience. With this concept there are several areas I could investigate:
  • lines on face representing roads/map
  • face/contours could represent a landscape from above
  • 'the star' of the film who has been on a journey - aged/tired
I think the idea of keeping it simple in black and white photography is in keeping with the film style of the project. It will create emotion rather like a film does.

No comments:

Post a Comment